Indians cheating on Amazon.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought super platinum double edge blades on Amazon.com
The first Indian seller changed the images on the site to suit his cheating. The second Indian seller has images of Russian made blades, but sends Indian made blades. These Made in India blades are not even fit to cut butter.
Both the sellers take care to send the items after a long time making the buyer think it has taken time in the customs.
Currently, I have 84+35 blades to be thrown into the dustbin.

gajanan phadte

The payment is done through the debit card and Amazon.com wants the seller to approve the return. Indirectly the cheater is the judge.
I mainly posted this here so that the buyers should be careful not to buy from Indian sellers on the net. Cheating and bluffing is inherently present.
Never ever think that Made in India product with a familiar brand name will have THE quality. I feel ashamed of writing this.

The payment is done through the debit card and Amazon.com wants the seller to approve the return. Indirectly the cheater is the judge.
I mainly posted this here so that the buyers should be careful not to buy from Indian sellers on the net. Cheating and bluffing is inherently present.
Never ever think that Made in India product with a familiar brand name will have THE quality. I feel ashamed of writing this.

Ebay uk is absolutely infested with Chinese and other sellers.
They are getting better at hiding the fact and more and more people are getting upset on the forums at long delivery times and poor quality.
Some even put "UK seller" on their pictures !

Well, it’s not one country or race doing this but we knew it would happen right ? eventually those looking for ‘an advantage’ move in wherever an opportunity exists and exploit the easiest path to profit.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. One possibility is that Amazon / eBay decide to invest in better filtering and policing to avoid losses from a decline in people trusting their services (trust is easily lost and very hard to earn back). Another possibility is that honest Sellers’ develop better tools to prove their honesty (on-line star ratings are not it as they are also heavily manipulated). An obvious outcome is that trusted Sellers’ get good reputations and people will be willing to pay the extra that it takes to buy from them.

For example, I made the choice some time ago to avoid buying as little as possible from China on eBay, period.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay...
Amazon returned my money and I still have the 84 blades. Seller must have paid the price in punishment...don't know.

The second seller...I have returned the blades by registered post. Waiting for his action.

Yes, Amazon is good at it.

gajanan Phadte

Last edited:
Same with Australia. They indicate they're in, say, Sydney but the goods are sent from overseas. If they don't indicate an actual location within the city (such as a suburb), it's usually an indicator the goods will come from overseas.

Unfortunately Indians are quite bad on eBay; one of my other hobbies is mechanical watches and Indians cobble together a load of old rubbish and flog it off as a genuine article; I can easily tell but many cannot and buy the worthless items. It's unfortunate because I would not buy from any Indian seller now, and there may be some good ones.

Ebay uk is absolutely infested with Chinese and other sellers.
They are getting better at hiding the fact and more and more people are getting upset on the forums at long delivery times and poor quality.
Some even put "UK seller" on their pictures !

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I got cheated by a H-K located Chinese company. Expected and paid for an aluminium monitor stand with a wireless charger and got a 2USD worth passive USB hub. Luckily it was paid via PayPal, so I raised a complaint. First, the seller answered that he is sorry that I am not satisfied (who woud be?) and offered 30 % discount. I escalated to Paypal sending the pictures. I had to put that hub into an envelope and send it back. Once it was sent, I got the money back from Paypal, so I lost a little on postage. Lesson learned. If I ever need something from China, Aliexpress is way to go. Out of some 100 orders there were only problems with three. Two ended up as partial refund (wrong goods specs) and one as a full refund (goods not arrived). If you buy from 4 star + AE sellers, it is pretty safe, I only got problems with the unrated or low rated ones.

I do not feel too sorry for an Indian getting cheated over a pack of razor blades.
Over here, Canadians are being scammed out of million by bogus " Windows technicians" and the "Canadian Revenue Agency" threatening court proceedings if they do not pay up. These scams are generated in India and aimed at the elderly.
Then there are those fake degrees and doctorates.

I know it’s profiling (it’s the whole burn me once burn me twice adage).......but I run from companies that depend on India call centers.

My last burn was with a health ins carrier that had a name like baseball and apple pie, had an American address.......all looked legit, but after some billing issues (over billed on auto pay) contact with them to straighten revealed it as a Indian call center. I investigate into this company a little better (I did not dig too deep at first as they were reco’ed by my blue cross/shield carrier) Found that it was an Indian company that had no actual employees in the US, had multiple complaints of over billing and not paying claims.
They took me for another $400 before I could get my bank to stop payments to them.......bank says nothing can be done!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.