[INDIA] Good pro audio woofers available

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Sivan and Balan

Thanks for posting those pics. Is it 10 inches Dainty sub-woofers?. Is is ported and what type of amplification have you used, active or pasive? . And also at what frequency did you crossover those drivers.By the way are these drivers available in Kerla and also are Zipp speakers available there?.

Zipp are chinese, OEM made speakers which is locally available here in Chennai. These are decent speakers ,their dome tweeters ,particularly the soft dome varieity is very good. I spoke to Praveen(the importer) today on phone and he told me that he has a distributor in kerala too(based in Trivandrum) ,but he is not sure if it is available in Kochi and Calicut

Hi-fi Fullrange speakers are very rare in Chennai's commercial market. You may find a few in the ritchie street market but only car speakers. But if you want mid-end or high-end drivers there is a shop in mount road whose name I dont remember. I will note it down when I pass by that side and post it on this forum. They even have very good pro-audio speakers

I am planning to build a two-way bookshelf with a philips 6 inch woofer( model no : 2644 46018, 6 ohms, 75 watt pmax). I havent yet decided about the tweeter but I may choose between Zipp and philips)

I plan to use AR-SXO crossover so that I can fine tune without complicated calculations. Does any one have the T/S specs of the above mentioned driver ,at least the Fs of the driver

lm3886

hello friends,
though not very new ihave not been through this forum.
i want to ask , has any body sucessfully completed any diy amplifier based on lm3886, such as pa 100 ,pa150, bpa300.
i downloaded lot of stuff regarding this ic, but i wanted to verify the authenticity of the pcb diagram given.
does the design really work.
has any body made an amp out of it.
if yes , i too want to make a 68 watt amp and an 150 watt amp based on lm 3886s, it would be nice if i could get any details,pcb diagrams.
and finally any body from mumbai from this forum.

Zipp are chinese, OEM made speakers which is locally available here in Chennai. These are decent speakers ,their dome tweeters ,particularly the soft dome varieity is very good.

Hi Akrambash could you please give me the shop address where Zipp speakers are available. please send the address to my mail id:
phoeniix9@gmail.com. I'm desperatly searching for a decent 8 inch, 8/6 Ohms driver.
thanks in advance

Friends, hobbyists can prepare quality baffles at home provided they have good quality amp to drive the speaker. Get branded Indian speaker & follow the book 'Hi-Fi loudspeakers and enclosure by Abraham B. Cohen,published by D B Taraporevala sons & co. Pvt. Ltd. Now adays book is available in market but from another publisher.

Dear friend, according to the inf. in my copy of the book, The book printed & published by R.J.Taraporewala for D.B.Taraporewala Sons & Co.Pvt.Ltd,210 Dr.D.N.Road, Mumbai 400001, at their Electrographic Industries Division, Apte Industrial Estate, Worali, Mumbai 400018.
I had purchased this book from Modern Book Stall, Pune 01. this very old story. But, definitely I will re-inquire the things, & will update shortly....Cheers !!

Hi Viki,

I have made a stereo integrated amp in Mumbai using the LM3886 IC. There are numerous threads in the chipamps forum discussing this (very popular) IC. If you look there i am sure you will find a lot of useful information. Since this is a bit OT, could you start a fresh thread in the appropriate subforum. I would be happy to answer any questions either there or on PM.
EDIT: didn't see the date on Viki_v2's post. its almost 4 years old. Oops. Sorry people. Mods please delete if that is the appropriate action here

cheers
Mymindinside

You can try Decibel woofers and tweeters. 8 inch woofers are decent if not great...although the sensitivity is less, these drivers are way better than those boltons,dainty's and zipp's .Really worth trying and pricing is also good ...Available at the Ritchie street market..msg me if you cant locate..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.