Incompetence or...? (I need to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overhere, it is common to capitalize someone else's name, not your own.
(called arrogant without an attitude)

The most disrespectful word in the English language is 'you'.

Much more pleasurable to read, Mr. P-P.
short story.
I was newly employed at some company, I need to contact a guy from abroad. like usual, I compose the most respectful email, introducing myself and being almost too polite. I always use capitalization in official notes. guy responds "just take files from etc". doesn't even trow a "hi" or "welcome shmuck contractor".
reverence and politeness are becoming obsolete. it's a sad thing. IME, most young engineers seem to be incapable of composing a coherent and polite email. it's not even something that's supposed to be taught in school, it's common sense.

Friend, life is too short. You are too angry.

You also may be correct about this junk product you paid too much for, otoh, you also misled by the way you wrote about what you did and how you did it. You claimed to 'know' the SNR, because you said you measured it. You did not actually measure anything, now did you? You made an educated guess based upon some assumptions after plugging the thing in, and not plugging the thing in. Your assumptions may or may not be correct.

You said
you know what I think, bear? that you once were or still are in the manufacturing business and you got tired of complaining customers. I can totally understand that.
Why are you deciding to attack me personally? I think you ought to apologize for saying that, since you have ZERO information that would lead you to this sort of conclusion. Let me add it is FALSE.

Then you go on to talk about "young engineers" composing "polite email" and the like? You Sir, are impolite to the extreme.

As I said earlier, what is the point of your posting?
Hearing yourself complain, putting others down?
Trying to reverse engineer and repair something you know next to nothing about?
What is your point?

Last edited:
Then you go on to talk about "young engineers" composing "polite email" and the like? You Sir, are impolite to the extreme.
oh, why did I expect this to be "straw man argument"-free?

Friend, life is too short. You are too angry.
goes both ways.
and it's ironic that you keep replying to a post dealing with an issue you don't care about. why would you, anyway?
apologize for what? because I speculated that you once may have been in the business and may have dealt with users who complained for no reason (which is not the case here)? where exactly is the insult?
I DID measure the SNR. it's ridiculous to justify myself in front of someone simply because that someone demands it, especially when the facts are sitting in my living room and not his/hers and that the specific someone is one of the very few who simply doesn't get what this is about. and even if I didn't measure it, can you explain how 95dB SNR is almost undetectable, while my "not properly measured" SNR is detectable for 0.5 meters? and how a SNR can be decent on paper while at the same be able to drive one out of the room (the first return to the manufacturer)? what are you saying, that 2 dBs of difference are responsible for a difference from almost undetectable, ear against tweeter to easily audible from 0.5 meters? what are you saying, exactly?
and all this while I did not even mention the name of the company and I won't.
Bruno Putzeys comment tells me I'm not the first to ascertain this state of affairs in audio. maybe some day you'll get it too.

the topic has run it's course. moderators, please close it. this time I'm serious.
qusp, thanks again and congrats to you and others who did get what it's about from first try.

the message is: get your engineering straight first. it's not supposes to be an afterthought.

unsubscribed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.