In the style of Vandersteen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for some design inspiration. Constraints have led me to design a speaker in the style of the Vandersteen Model 2. Basically I have a tall, somewhat wide baffle and shallow depth speaker that has to have the drivers covered. I want a seamless front baffle hence the reason for a fabric cloth wrapping right around to the back. But that isn't set in stone.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards some designs which are similar. Things like a semi-tall, shallow-depth box that resembles a Quad electrostatic panel or the Vandersteen.

Thanks
Shawn

By the way, if anyone can tell me a way to make stands out of wood like those under the pair of Vandersteens in the attached picture then please do. I really like those stands! But I can't think of a way to make them strong enough out of wood.

Attachments

• Vandersteen 2ce.jpg
    Vandersteen 2ce.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Infinity quantum line source.jpg
    Infinity quantum line source.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Warfedale dalesman.jpg
    Warfedale dalesman.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 153
  • Quad esl 63.jpg
    Quad esl 63.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 153
  • Vandersteen 2ce with stands.jpg
    Vandersteen 2ce with stands.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.