improving my VAS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Upupa Epops said:
Hi David, you see distortion, because peak driving current in negative halfperiode is low ( only a few mA ). Colector load of VAS must be bootstraped or as currrent source.

I try that and you are right, seems are better now I have less distortion on negative halfperiode. I've also solve my DC problem (bad transistor). With the extra stage (IRF 610 & IRF9610) , I get about 50Khz "clean" bandwith with three output pairs. I'll had some more and rise the voltage. But before I must get a MPS42 to replace the MJE15031 with can't stand the voltage.

David

Give the MOSFET a try. The only major issue is to make sure that it's capacitance is low so that it doesn't load down the diff pair. I have thought about using a MOSFET for that position before as it would allow me to run the VAS at a relatively high current thus drive several output MOSFETs directly.

I always use degeneration on the VAS to linearise it, I think it's good to have local feedback at every stage and then just a little overall loop feedback is required.

I think to use parallel voltage feedback. I attached the schematics, I planned. The R11 and R12 do this feedback.

sajti

Attachments

• canoplus.jpg
    canoplus.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 248
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.