Imm-6 dayton problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi at all :)

I have a very big big problem...

Any type of diy stand (with elastic or foam) change completely the frequency response...

The best measure that i trace with HOLM is with the mic in my hand...

What type of stand you make for this mic?

Can you post pictures of your stand and the change in response? That would help a lot with understanding why you are getting changes.

I don't have an IMM-6 but I don't get any changes in response holding my EMM-6 by hand, or mounting in either on a camera tripod (picture) or a standard microphone boom stand. I put some hot water pipe insulation foam around the poles to stop any ringing - does not affect frequency response but is important for distortion measurements.

For first I try to use a smartphone stand for car with a adesive foam, and a 10mm plywood of the same size on top...

Second test with using a closedcell bumping of the same size of foam under the mic, and foam on top with the plywood

Third test i use only the foam under the mic...
And some elastic for lock this

Fourth test i add some elastic on the stand's column to eliminate some resonance...

Fifth and other hundred test
I try more combination for lock the mic with elastic and foam or bumping materials:

Elastic near the capsule,
near the jack,
at the center,
Ecc ecc

The best measure is with the mic hold in my hand...

Can you send a photo of your stand?

I want to try use a old hama tripod for reflex camera
and build a lock sistem like professional anti vibration system

Camera tripod:
27004200335_67d0e937f0_b.jpg

Microphone boom stand:
26935724091_576a732912_b.jpg

I think your problem might be that you aren't giving the microphone enough free space around it.

Holding the mic on the cable jack (with the mic completely free) create a deep at 2khz on response

Holding in the middle i don't remember

Holding only the mic the response seems like the test with the mic in my hand...

mj2ut2.jpg

I use the foam for hold the mic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.