Im trying to modify a Bluetooth Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been working on this speaker since a year, because i had no idea what to do, it had charging problems and as a student couldnt get a new one, but been trying to fix it time to time, just found out about this forum i might get the knowledge i need.

The issue: Im only connecting the power to board and the speakers to board, it works, when i start bluetooth search it shows for a second at my bluetooth search and disappers, if i click fast enough doesnt matter says is gone, sometimes this gets fixed by itself after 30 tries... the main issue is when i connect and start playing music, if i push the volume to 70-80 speaker shutdowns itself, ive tried everything that i could think of, tried connecting everyting etc, there are two things that i dont know and i think might be the cause of the issue, first is that green cable im showing at board picture, second is i strongly believe is the cause of this power issue maybe? the white cable at power cables, i did not connect that to anywhere, im not sure where to connect it.

Parts:
Speakers:
BHNMfKD.jpg

The Board:
4mW5KYW.jpg

j5q2V8S.jpg

Batteries:
1MeCfzP.jpg

Charging Board, im using my diy charge one, so i left this out:
HJCpznO.jpg

Power cable from batteries:
umqKtNS.jpg

Firstly please identify everything. What unit is this? What are the new batteries exactly? Do you know what the old ones were? Why change them?

The shutdown is probably a lack of voltage under load, which could be batteries, wiring, connector.

Are you sure that the charging board isn't also a battery protection board?

Firstly please identify everything. What unit is this? What are the new batteries exactly? Do you know what the old ones were? Why change them?

The shutdown is probably a lack of voltage under load, which could be batteries, wiring, connector.

Are you sure that the charging board isn't also a battery protection board?

The unit is Sony SRS-XB20, i thought the old batteries were broken but seems like the devices charge port is broken, so the new batteries are 2850 mah the original ones are 2300 mah, same voltage, yes that circuit that im not using might be voltage protection circuit but to me it seems like a simple charging board 2sp.

Well the manufacturer has almost nothing useful in the specifications.

It presumably charges over USB. Charging circuits must match the battery chemistry, "same voltage" isn't quite enough to guarantee they are a proper match. Part numbers on the ICs on the charging board might yield a clue.

The new batteries might be cheap rubbish for all I can tell - what are they exactly? Model number, datasheet, product website, anything like that is useful.

Well the manufacturer has almost nothing useful in the specifications.

It presumably charges over USB. Charging circuits must match the battery chemistry, "same voltage" isn't quite enough to guarantee they are a proper match. Part numbers on the ICs on the charging board might yield a clue.

The new batteries might be cheap rubbish for all I can tell - what are they exactly? Model number, datasheet, product website, anything like that is useful.

The original green batteries were packed like this:
2 in series 2100 mah batteries.
6sKa4IG.jpg

My new ones are LG ABB41865,
2600mAh rated batteries.

also what do you think about that white cable that comes of from charging board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.