If you own a sony cd-xb920 or 920e please read

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy,

if you own one of these cd players, (i'm using one in my bedroom for headphones) could you please measure the resistance between f1 and f2 (i think this is the supply for the display). I'm pretty sure 2 ohms is not right.

f1 and f2 are pins 8 and 9 on the connector between the tranformer board and the power supply board.
the white wire on this connector is pin 1, so pins 8 and 9 are at the other end.
I'm asking this as i'm trying to work out why the tranformer went thermo nuclear and blew its thermal fuse.

Thanks ever so much,

Mark Hathaway

I don't own this player nor have the schematics, but the first tought that comes in mind is that if the supply is for display it might be AC voltage (not rectified to DC) and if it's so then you are measuring the resistance of the transformer secondary and the value is correct....

Ergo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.