If you had $50,000 and had to spend it on speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@ silversprout, I didn't think about the cost. OK, I can donate the change to my local hospital :)

Rationality is a global package when we are talking about a technical solution IMO, i will not debate about rich people because i never mess them only for that purpose... they are free to be rich, happy and peacefull.
The problem with the unlimited money project is that designers like Gedlee or Linkwitz are educated with the highest degree of rationality and their designs have taken in account the rationaly of the costs to the wallets and the sustainable ressources.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
... yup the dream with the Tad units... also the Martin logan flagship.

But in the reality I find more and more something a little monaural point source as a center speaker should suffice to me... btw I really don't know how to sum a stereo signal towards a mono for something more simple yet...

Because the room dictate it all. No problem to loose some items as 3D soundstage... a standalne ESL63 perhaps...

Would it be cheating to use the money to buy tools to build drivers (I'm thinking metal mill and lathe, the big electromagnet thing used to magnetize permanent magnets installed in the driver)? Regardless, I'd experiment with making my own drivers. The more I read, the more I doubt I could ever match the best current commercial drivers, but I'd have fun trying.

... yup the dream with the Tad units... also the Martin logan flagship.

But in the reality I find more and more something a little monaural point source as a center speaker should suffice to me... btw I really don't know how to sum a stereo signal towards a mono for something more simple yet..

I asked the question below which may or may not be relevant to you.

Converting stereo to dual mono in integrated amp

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Klipshorn Scala. The speaker that has been the longest in production so unlikely to be a fad and good resale value. Don't know how many pairs I would get but would have two pairs in the front at least and one pair in the back perhaps with two pairs at the side. Would give 6 channel reproduction, do I need the 7th or sub?

Nice nest egg. Not fast moving though, they'll not sell in a hurry unfortunately.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.