Ideal 3-Way Speaker Phase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Additionally, do you have a good example of what a smoother, less messy xo point would look like in the instance that I rebuilt or tweak the circuit in the future? Just so I know what to aim for?

VituixCAD has an optimize function. Check the help file, also for a good example of a 3-way with 3kHz upper XO.

So you had a generic XO. Also not good.

Since you say the midrange is trouble, it should be the lower xo. Disable the woofer and the midrange highpass and see if that improves things.

But, it seems that you need more knowledge or outside help for a reallz successful project. Maybe you could share your approximate location and someone might volunteer to help.

Do you have books on speaker design (e.g. Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker Cookbook)?

(My last post was to #17.)

VituixCAD has an optimize function. Check the help file, also for a good example of a 3-way with 3kHz upper XO.

Since you say the midrange is trouble, it should be the lower xo. Disable the woofer and the midrange highpass and see if that improves things.

But, it seems that you need more knowledge or outside help for a reallz successful project. Maybe you could share your approximate location and someone might volunteer to help.

Do you have books on speaker design (e.g. Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker Cookbook)?

(My last post was to #17.)

I'll absolutely toy around with VituixCAD more, Sebastian. Thank you for all the time you've put into giving me advice here. I'll also try to pick up that book and try to learn a couple of things.
I'm sure there are some folks in this forum in Chicago that could help me out, but I think I have to do some educating on my own as well to really get a grasp of what's going on here.
I'll post an updated version of what Vituix spits out when I get the time to play around with the optimizer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.