ID this power supply board

I am pretty sure I purchased this for a Pass project circa 2002, but now have no recollection.

So trying to ID and find schematic so I can repurpose them for current projects.

Regards, Vinay

1716314836576.jpeg

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I used to have a few of these, and I shipped them off within the last year. That schematic looks about right by eye. The connections from the transformer to the board aren't clear to me looking at the schematic. Can you share a picture of the bottom of the board?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
If I were going to use this board in a Class A / First Watt style amp I would go as shown. My markups are in red.

R1-2 - 2k2 - 3k3 3W Bleeder Resistors
R3-12 - 0R47 3W
Big caps - 22mF or as big as can physically fit and wallet allows. With all the holes on the board, there are many options for different cap sizes.
C1&2 - do not populate
D1-4 - As is, or pick your favorite current production fancy diode or schottky
D1-4 Heatsinks - TBD. Would need to confirm dimensions and pick an appropriate solution.
LED - blue or cyan color.
R20 - updated to use a 20-30k resistor keeping with the "1k per rail volt" rule of thumb.

I added a CL60 to chassis ground to the drawing. Don't forget this!

The transformer secondary hookups are as shown. It's important to get the secondary pairs identified correctly, and then tie the correct ones together to form the "center tap" / ground.

This drawing shows transformer primary for 230V solution. Of course 120V would be wired differently on primary side.
I also assume there should be a switch and a fuse on the primary side, plus chassis ground to IEC ground. Not in the drawing, but should be obvious to anyone wiring up mains to a donut.

1716321161334.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user