ICEPower line level input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a novice, so forgive me if this a nonsense question. I am planning on doing two projects with ICEPower amps, one consumer line level (-10 dBv) and one pro audio line level (+4 dBu).

ICEpower 200ASC for an active studio monitor, will be run be a mixer at +4 dBu

ICEpower 50ASX2SE for a wifi active speaker, will be run by a wifi board at -10 dBv

I have looked at the datasheets for these products, they specify the impedance and balanced or unbalanced but not the line level expected, why is this? Does anyone have this spec?

I'm a novice, so forgive me if this a nonsense question. I am planning on doing two projects with ICEPower amps, one consumer line level (-10 dBv) and one pro audio line level (+4 dBu).

ICEpower 200ASC for an active studio monitor, will be run be a mixer at +4 dBu

ICEpower 50ASX2SE for a wifi active speaker, will be run by a wifi board at -10 dBv

I have looked at the datasheets for these products, they specify the impedance and balanced or unbalanced but not the line level expected, why is this? Does anyone have this spec?

Taking the 200asc as an example, they do specify the gain so we can back-calculate based on output power....
They specify 100 watts at 8 ohms.
They specify 26.db of gain.

Thus the output voltage would be ... SQRT(P X I) == SQRT(800) == 28.2 volts.

So, being lazy tonight, we visit my favorite DB to Voltage calculator dump in 26db and we get... a voltage gain of 19.9 which is close enough to 20.

So ... 28 volts out / 20 == 1.4 volts in which is Pro Line Level.

I would suspect this is true across their line, since these modules were initially designed for public address and sound reinforcement, not consumer products.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.