ICEpower 125ASX2 limiter/ overload protection?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone who knows this amplifier board can tell me:

If I connect a higher load than the amplifier is specified for, can it protect itself against damage?

I'm going to be using it in BTL mode (I have the bridge board) and I believe this means I will have 450W @4ohms available. If I connect another 120W @4ohms, will the board be able to protect itself?

If not, can I 'manually' ensure the board is not damaged by simply not driving the speakers as hard?

TIA
Peter

There are two global protection features in the ICEpower125ASX2 amplifier; an over temperature protection and an overcurrent protection. The over temperature protection will only occur if the PRMS is greater that the specified Continuous Output Power. In normal use, the amplifier will not shut down if properly mounted. The overcurrent detection circuit is a secondary self-oscillating loop which accurately measures and controls the current in the output stage. Over current limitation condition will be allowed until over temperature protection occurs. The current limit is set to 18A. When one channel gets over heated the entire module stops. Thus, it gives global protection.