Ian Canada streamer - Flagship I2S update the clock SC-Pure question?

I have the same question. I would like to upgrade a TransportPi Digi to SC-Pure. Do I just need to upgrade the stock 45 clock? Or both 45 and 49? Is there any gain in performance in replacing both clocks? Worth the extra cost? I guess I do not understand the role of the two clocks and how upgrading only one would be sufficient. Thanks for your help

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For playing tracks with Fs: 44,1 - 88,2 - 176.4 ... you need a 45 MHz clock
For playing tracks with Fs: 48 - 96 - 192 ... you need a 49 MHz clock

The streamer does automatic switching between the clocks depending on the incoming signal.

//

Last edited:
im resampling everything to 176,4khz so the second clock isnt really needed for the 44,1khz family, thats why i just bought a 45mhz accusilicon clock, there was a small difference indeed with the upgrade

you can also choose 2 different clocks if you would like, i left ian canadas stock clock for 48khz in

the lower frequency clock is for 44,1khz family (so 88,2 and 176,4khz too and others higher up) and the 49mhz one for 48khz family (48KHZ, 96khz,192khz and so on)

kinda wanna test the SC-pure but i dont think the price is worth it, it probably is a improvement but YMMV if the upgrade is worth the 200 or 400 euros