i need some help with amps...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And the Crown -- i doubt it will hold a candle to the Bryston.

I can't confirm nor deny this as I've never heard a Bryston. But lots of folks over at both the hometheaterforum and avsforum use K2's on home built subs. I wouldn't use them for anything aside from a sub but I think they're worth considering. Especially if you're looking to spend 10k+ on amps you might as well consider several different manufacturers.

Sounds like you'll have quite the system no matter what you decide to go with!!

Griff, I'm with you! I dont think we are going to win this one but Slice needs to learn the difference between electrical power and acoustical power. You and I both know that high efficiency + less power is cheaper and often sounds better than lower efficiency + huge power and can often still output comparable sound levels, dynamics and what ever else you might care for but sadly, Slice has not yet learnt this lesson. The only application where lots of power is really needed is for high SPL really low frequency bass.

::Thanks for caring::

It might sound odd that I am spending 10K+ on amps but I am hard-core into home theater. Every thing is actually for my dad’s new house and I was put in charge of designing the HT. I recently have got into speaker building in a BIG way. As I said this is a little down the road…2 years minimum and I just want to see what is out there. I know it sounds like I am all about power ratings but I know you can have a low power rating and still get kickass sound. As for me I have lots more to learn. I am buying some books and I am going to read them this summer. I am defiantly thinking BRYSTON is the way to go and possibly crown for the subs. I am also going to be messing around with more of this stuff because I am getting a job to support my hifi addiction.

Thanks,
Slice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.