I know there are more full range drivers . . . what about . . .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BWRX said:
That would explain why they don't sound very good then :) Thanks for that bit of information.

The National/Panasonics don't seem to get much respect, but during the heyday of Japanese FRs their best were every bit the equal of the best of everyone elses. For instance if you ever run into some like the ones in the picture (i did run into a budget 12" version out of a kawi organ and they were outstanding).... they also OEMed some of this family for Pioneer. There are alnico versions as well.

You would never find a Fostex in a car... it would be a Foster (parent company) -- they build a huge range of speakers (as do all the other big OEMs) and range from the itty bitty FR in your celphone or PowerMac, all the way up to their consumer line (aka Fostex). When you get into OEM drivers you have to access each speaker as its own entity...

dave

Attachments

• technicsoval-ring.jpg
    technicsoval-ring.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 487
That's one funny looking speaker.

I was kinda figuring that it would cost some serious $$$ to build a single driver to do wht i was thinking of. I had been starting to think that I'd done the best I could for what I was willing to pay already, but I had to check around.

Probably just need to look into modding my T-amp to find any better performace on the cheap.

Kensai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.