I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always suspected....

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 97
Andre Visser said:

My music taste changed with the quality of my system, years ago I listened to rock and pop but hated Jazz because I could not appreciate the sound of the instruments on that system. Now Jazz is my favourite music and I rarely listen to pop and rock, they know how to make noise. :D

I'm sorry to say this Andre, but I think it might be something to do with getting older. :cannotbe:

But.. with age comes discernment... sometimes :angel:

slight twist on the usual spouse who could hear differences while doing the dishes, baking etc.

Why the f... was the lazy bi..h have her mother doing the dishes? And what about all those audiophile bums not helping their wives doing the housework?
If that behavior is the sign of the true audiophile - may the all get strangled by some kimber or monster cables.

hi to all..
i am a newbie and was passively following this thread.

The question of cables making a difference in the audio chain has been debated quite a lot..

i always felt and believed that listening is a very personal thing.
It is really a matter of perception of the individual listening and his taste, choice, age, hearing capabilities .

We know that hearing changes for individuals with age, sex, hearing itself, frequency etc etc..

So how is it that we enforce that a cable is better or worse that another ?

Isnt is really about how u "FEEL" the sound is?\

for me a 20$ cable really offers me the same quality and sonic signature as a 500$ cable and i am quite happy with that.

another person might feel that a 500$ cable might be better sonically for him.

i dont really know whether the more expensive cable might sound better, but i just dont feel the difference.
hence find it hard to justify the price difference

another guy might actually find it better.
each one to his own.
i feel it is upto the individual to make the decision.

fredex said:
Dear cable guys,
Some years ago I wanted cables to sound different and they did.
Now I don't want cables to sound different and they don't.
I have the same cables, so what has changed?
Yours sincerely

He who believe he can and he who believe he can't, are both right. :D

I also don't want cables to sound different, it would be much easier and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.