• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Huge Clearout of Lifetime DiyAudio Member

Hello.

Longtime diyaudio member / enthusiast has fallen ill.

I'm assisting in clearing some space. Space is still enjoying the music, but the tinkering will have to come to an end. This is well over 20 years of collecting and tinkering. This is everything left from his immaculately organized home "workshop."

I've done my absolute best to accurately display and detail what's included. Everything has already been boxed. All prices are post paid in the United States when paid with PayPal friends and family. Everything that can fit in Priority Mail flat rate boxes will be shipped USPS. Anything larger via fedex. I have a lot of experience packing delicate items so don't worry on that front. No international shipping as this has already taken a great deal of time and I am unable to handle the complications of customs forms, etc. If you are absolutely dead set on something, and live internationally please contact me.

Also, I cannot answer specific questions regarding "can you check that this specific item is in the lot?" and so on. Everything is already boxed and ready to go.

Prices are my best ballpark and I believe priced reasonably and "to sell". If I am completely off base on something, apologies, please message me privately and tip me off.

Nothing is sold with any indication it works perfectly or works- Some of these items are "almost fully assembled" or "have a minor problem" which is why they are going to be sold here and my hope is priced accordingly. However, if I say "I believe it works" or "briefly tested" or something like that, it means it turns on and makes sound. These were all in space's "screwing around with" pile, and thus, I cannot know for sure.

Prices will decrease by 10% weekly until everything goes or it'll get listed on an auction site.

Once I sell around 50 % we'll do a little something for the diyaudio community, since space was such an active member for many years and looks upon it fondly. The Free Stuff (you pay shipping) section will open up to requests only after 50% is sold so please no inquiries before I indicate.

Please be understanding of the sensitive circumstances surrounding this sale... no low balling, etc.

*********** Components ***************

Huge Component Lot
- Note: There's been no cherry picking here and this was his personal stash and it's the best of everything. Dale RN series resistors, non-inductive wire wound resistors, Kiwame, etc. Resistors range from 1/4 - 5W, most being somewhere between 1/4 - 1W. Tons of large quantities of RN60 resistors. Film caps are Oil caps, teflon caps, polystyrene, mil spec, etc. as well as your usual wima and so on. Electrolytics are mostly of the top-notch series, Panasonic FM, etc. and Ceramic mostly COG/NP0. Mica also the quality Cornell Dublier etc. Like I said it's the cream of the crop, and it's all meticulously organized and labeled. Truly an amazing opportunity for basically a readymade DIY audio workstation. I've attempted to box this accurately, to maintain the organization- multiple boxes with dividers nested into a larger box. Again, this is 20 years of cream of the crop audio-specific parts collecting. $3,500 Photos Here

Component Grab Bag - This is all assorted stuff that I missed on the first pass or was in some other nook or cranny - tons of oil and polystyrene caps, all kinds of stuff. Who knows?! Find out. A completely packed USPS Large Flat Rate Box. $120 Photo

Large Lot of Cases with Parts -
Soldering Stuff, Tube Sockets, Switches, Connectors, Nuts, Bolts, Screws, You Name It- $200 Photos

Large Electrolytic HV Cap Lot - $100 Photo

Large Film Cap Lot - $125 Photo

RN 55/60 E Series + Mica
- Organized and labeled precision values - $200 Photo

Chicago Filament Transformer - $85 Photo Photo

Trimmers, Diodes, and Misc. - $100 Photo

I also have a bunch of matched 2SK170 ... but unsure of going rate.

************* Amps, Etc... Assembled, Retail, Etc.*************

Carver Mt500i -
Recently Tested, working. $500 Photo Photo

Copland CSA-14-
This was working beautifully, and then there was a minor problem (leaky cap, I believe?). No serious damage, comes with manual. $550 Photo Photo

TMOQ 834p + Jessica PSU (See Lencoheaven 834p thread) - No Tubes - $400 Photo Photo

Sota John Curl Head Amp - $500 Photo

Dynaco ST-70 - Unknown Condition - Partially upgraded with various additions, manual included. With tubes vintage and JJ - $550 Photo Photo Photo Photo

*********** PCBs ***********

USSA-5 -
For some reason, 5 PCBs, with one set of parts, includes 2SK170BL matched and other parts - $250 Photos

Tube PSU Lot - $150 Photo

Baby Huey - One set of boards almost fully assembled. One spare. With documentation. Two Chokes $225 Photo Photo

Boozehound JFET - with matched 2SK170 & PSU / power switch - $120 Photo

Jessica PSU + Potted and Shielded Transformer
(See Lencoheaven 834p thread)- $200 Photo Photo

Baby Huey 2 - A Brand new set of boards, rev. 2 - $50 Photo

His Master's Noise - Stuart Yanniger design, almost fully assembled with premium components - $150 Photo Photo

Lenco Speed Controllers - 2x PCB - $75 Photo

Guitar Amp PCBs - Tweed Bluezmeister and Tweed Overdrive Special - Partially assembled with premium components, some Carling switches and Axial Electrolytics - $175 Photo

Frog PCB Guitar Pedal / Preamp Lot - $150 Photo

******* Misc. **************

Test Jigs
- Unknown status of the tube soundcard interface... I believe it needed the screen replaced (screen replacement is included) $150 - Photo

Linear DC Power Supply - $100 Photo

Heathkit Condenser Checker - Partially Restored? Unknown - Looks Top Notch - $120 Photo

********** Free Stuff ! ***************

Prices just covering flat rate shipping.

TMOQ Boards - These grew out of the Romy The Cat 834p thread (End of Life Phono Preamp), and then made it's way over to Lenco Heaven where many of us where pretty smitten with a certain tube phono preamp circuit. a whole ton of boards, some partially assembled, with two different power supplies. Probably 50 boards total or thereabouts - after I sell 50% of what's here, these will go for free (you pay shipping) to a trusted DiyAudio member to distribute amongst the community or sell for proceeds to diyAudio or whatever you so choose. Photos Unknown shipping cost? $40 should cover it in continental USA Photo Photo Photo Photo

Douk 834p Boards - $25 in USA Photo

Audio Salon Preamp - $15 in USA Photo

Dynaco Driver Board - $15 in USA
Photo

I think that about covers it. A few photos still forthcoming. PM Me for PayPal info. Indicating PM Sent in the thread would be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users