• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HUGE blowout sale: Tweeters, Mids, Subwoofers, ICEpower modules, etc..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
***UPDATE***
Limited quantities of new unused Icepower modules available:

50ASX2 = 77$ USD ea.

125ASX2 = 138$ USD ea.

300AC = 62$ USD ea.

700ASC2 = 315$ USD ea.

I'm sorry, no special volume pricing this time as i have a limited supply of these; most of our modules are used in our projects and this is the remaining units we have left. All brand new, unused and guaranteed to be 100% working. As always, please note these modules are DIY; only modules are offered, no cable or chassis included, etc...

Just a quick note:

the 300AC module has no power supply built-in and that is a ONE channel module.

on the other hand, all 50ASX2, 125ASX2 and 700ASC2 are stand-alone modules with built-in power supply and they are 2 channels.

Ok, so a member on the forum contacted me for icepower modules.
Made him a price and made an error in the calculation: instead of 4x 2 channels modules i made the price for 2x 2 channels modules, being lost on the way with the currency conversion and tax. The guy sent the payment. I contacted him to explain the error and offered a, obviously, full refund. Then he started an endless negotiation and the starving student act. I did refund the payment when it was clear he didnt want to purchase the modules at the advertized prices in this thread. Then he said i'm in the obligation to honor the pricing even though it was a big and obvious error in calculation (that he most probably noticed but didnt tell).

No i'm not.

I DO NOT have Wal-Mart-like policies. I have limited quantities for all products that are sold here because i'm not a shop with an endless supply, it's an acoustic lab here with parts that are sold after testing. Some are used, some are new or as-new. Please refer to previous posts for info on pricing, etc...
Most of all: I even have the luxury to decide wheter or not i'll sell something to someone.

I will, however, give shop-like after sale service regarding DOA, warranty, etc... You can buy in full confidence, but please don't play the Wal-Mart policies... And don't hold your breath: Wal-Mart won't sell DIY amplifier modules and fullrange drivers anytime soon.

Ok, so a member on the forum contacted me for icepower modules.
Made him a price and made an error in the calculation: instead of 4x 2 channels modules i made the price for 2x 2 channels modules, being lost on the way with the currency conversion and tax. The guy sent the payment. I contacted him to explain the error and offered a, obviously, full refund. Then he started an endless negotiation and the starving student act. I did refund the payment when it was clear he didnt want to purchase the modules at the advertized prices in this thread. Then he said i'm in the obligation to honor the pricing even though it was a big and obvious error in calculation (that he most probably noticed but didnt tell).

No i'm not.

I DO NOT have Wal-Mart-like policies. I have limited quantities for all products that are sold here because i'm not a shop with an endless supply, it's an acoustic lab here with parts that are sold after testing. Some are used, some are new or as-new. Please refer to previous posts for info on pricing, etc...
Most of all: I even have the luxury to decide wheter or not i'll sell something to someone.

I will, however, give shop-like after sale service regarding DOA, warranty, etc... You can buy in full confidence, but please don't play the Wal-Mart policies... And don't hold your breath: Wal-Mart won't sell DIY amplifier modules and fullrange drivers anytime soon.

I am the member Jon in talking about here, and let's put the other side of the story here for others to judge.

I originally inquired Jon about some ICEpower amplifier modules for my build. I try to buy off from forum members if possible to reduce my own costs and to help them unload their stuff. A win win in my books.

When I made the inquiry, I was fully prepared to negotiate for a better price once I confirm Jon had the 4 modules I wanted because the prices he was asking for his used (albeit excellent condition) amps represented just a 15% discount compared to buying new, and that's without including shipping costs. Including shipping costs would have reduced it to 10%. Wouldn't you agree a 10% discount for a used component is asking a bit much?

Now when Jon replied back with a quoted price that was around 40% less than buying new amps, I was pleasantly surprised. I read through his thread and noticed he has dropped the price on the amps on one of his posts without updating the first post. Because of that, I simply thought he probably realized he was pricing them too high and adjusted the price accordingly. I thought a 40% discount is a fair price on used equipment, and there's no need for negotiation. Therefore, I paid him his asking price.

So Jon realized his pricing error, which is fine, people make mistakes. But now, he is asking for his original asking price that's too high in my opinion, even for a new unit which he then clarified. So I tried negotiating to see if we can work out a deal, just like in any sale. I stayed classy throughout the process, but the offers were rudely declined, with disparaging remarks and accusations that I tried to take advantage of him. If you don't want to sell, sure, politely decline it like a businessman. Say the pricing is firm, and I'll respect that.

Now, here's the important part. Jon is selling his components through his business, as he charged me sales tax. Therefore, this is a business transaction rather than a personal transaction. As a son of a business owner, I know that treating the customer right is one of the most important, if not the most important part of a business. In every case of a pricing error I've encountered, the company always either honors the error, or very politely apologize and extends a goodwill discount for the trouble. Jon did none of that. Right now this is purely business ethics, but this actually extends to law. Jon operates his business in Quebec, where consumer protection laws states that once an offer is made, accepted, and paid in full, businesses are obligated to honor the price even if the price is erroneous. Legally speaking, Jon is obligated to honor the price. Remember, Jon set this up as a business transaction, not a personal transaction, so consumer protection laws apply here.

If you buy something from Jon and it goes smoothly, then great. However, if there are problems, I'd be wary of dealing with a man with questionable ethics and temperament.

P. S. Regarding the "starving student act", this is incorrect. My friends know I am an experienced negotiator, and a few days ago challenged me to use a pity "poor student" pitch in an negotiation, something I've never done. I posed myself as a penny pinching student (which is true) without much disposable income (student struggles), not starving like Jon said. Probably not the most appropriate negotiating tactic, but it was a one off thing that Jon just happened to be a part of.

P. P. S. Walmart do sell full range drivers. Maybe it's time to improve your policies?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/B-amp-C-...ial-Speaker-100-deg-x-100-deg-16-Ohm/48462684

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.