HT48R32-B-0 Microcontroller faulty - Need advice

I have two Arcam amps that they use an HT48R32-B-0 microcontroller.

In one of them the microcontroller has failed
I swapped it from my other identical amp and the faulty worked straight away.

Now I bought 10 of these from China, I put it in the right place inside the amp but the amp does not power up. When I put the one from the other amp it powers up straight away.

Can I ask, do these need programming like an eeprom and can you lead me to the right direction in terms of what I need to buy to copy the data from the good ht48R32-b-0 to the new one. I don’t want to spent much on that just something that will work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 27
Yes I think so - these appear to be PROM chips so you get one attempt only per chip. But I might be wrong - there appears to be a toolchain for Holtec 8-bit devices out there and a programmer. Hopefully you can clone one chip to the other.

The ones you bought from China may be fakes of course, adding uncertainty you don't need...

I don't want to seem overly confident, but most likely you won't succeed.
Because these ancient micros do not support reading program memory at all, at least there is not a word about it in the datasheet.
Their PROM can only be programmed once during production.
And since you cannot read the firmware from the original micro, you have nothing to write to the new unprogrammed :(
In such cases, either the original working chip helps, or restoring the operating logic and complete own replacement developing (it's fun in some sense).