Howdy pardner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IÕve been lurking for better than a year now. I sure have learned a lot reading this (mostly this) and other forums and all the other multitudes of DIY audio resources the WWW has to offer. IÕm still really ignorant though, and IÕm beginning to think maybe IÕm not real bright. ThatÕs not going to stop me from slinging some solder though and IÕve just about worked up my nerve to start. I bought a relatively cheap DMM yesterday and a little later today IÕm going to get an iron and four $7 surplus 18-0-18 xovers IÕve had my eye on at a local supplier. First project will be a couple of Gainclones; a ESP Project 72 version and a Amp Chip DIY version but with the LM1875. IÕm just a little bit giddy with anticipation.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Bill Fitzpatrick said:
I'm wondering what's happing with your apostrophes.

He is, i think, using the high byte single quote -- curly quote, which is platform specific and screws up when you put it out on the internet where it is not uniquely defined.

For instance here are the curly quotes you use on a Mac when you are doing proper publishing work... they will probably turn strange for anyone not on a Mac (or if they are viewing using a font which doesn't have them defined)

“” ‘’

dave

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Welcome!;)

Rodd Yamas***a

Attachments

• welcome_01.jpg
    welcome_01.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 166
Firstly: Thanks for the welcome Dave and Rodd.
Dave -- Interestingly, your TL web site was one of the first I happened upon as I started to research DIY audio. It captured my imagination right off and was one of the hooks that allowed DIY in general and this forum in particular to reel me in.
Rodd -- I have always had quite the thang for Meg Tilly.

Secondly: Those 18-0-18 xovers I mentioned are in actuality 18-0-18 xfmrs, but I bet most of you guessed that already.

Second secondly: Where might I find me some of them there fancy apostrophes and quotation marks for my Mac, as I abhor looking like a doofus in front of six billion people. Damn SteveJobs and his better idea to the 47th level of the underworld where all you can listen to for all eternity is AM talk radio.

And finally: While I can and do identify with the Wolf of the Steppes, I am not now nor have I ever been Harry Haller.

Happy trails.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Equilibrium said:
Dave -- Interestingly, your TL web site was one of the first I happened upon as I started to research DIY audio. It captured my imagination right off and was one of the hooks that allowed DIY in general

:^)

Second secondly: Where might I find me some of them there fancy apostrophes and quotation marks for my Mac

If OS9 open up keycaps (Apple menu) and press option OR shift-option. That will show you where the curly quotes, n & m dashes, cents, copyright, trademark symbols & a host more.

Of X then Key Caps in Applications>Utilities.

dave

PS Thanx for doing a Monty Python on mrfeedback (the big foot coming out of the sky), i was tempted to just move his post into Purgatory.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.