How well does the Shiva stack up against SVS?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering how well the Adire Shiva subs perform compared to the SVS models? Would you say they're up to par with the CS or possibly even the CS+ models? The reason I ask is I have a pair sitting here collecting dust and was going to build a pair of sonosubs with the Shivas. I used to own an SVS 25-31 CS+ and it performed pretty well.

Just looking to see how well they stack up against the SVS ISD drivers or if they're as good as the SVS db-12 drivers?

Thanks!

Without knowing driver specs on the SVS subs it is hard to say what they are capable of. The CS+ uses a TC sounds driver that probably costs twice what the shiva does - it has dual spiders, etc. Even so, I'd be surprised if there were more than 5mm more excursion and that would give you 20*log(20/15)=2.5 dB max more SPL.....

Build them and find out. What'll it cost you? $30 in materials and a few hours in time. quit thinking about it and just do it.

Well, I built a Shiva subwoofer, it needs quite a big enclosure (about the same for a SVS subwoofer so it's not really an issue) but I guess it's on par with the PB12-ISD/V at 700$ + shipping.

Better than the 25-31+ for sure IMHO, but less than a CS-Ultra.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.