How to use OPA549 and OPA541?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

I was hoping anyone can help me in building a chipamp using the opa541 and opa549 chips from Burr-Brown.

I found a schematic from an application note, can I use this for the opa549/541 chips?

Regards,
JojoD

Attachments

• burr_brown audio amplifier.jpg
    burr_brown audio amplifier.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,038
Hi all!

I'm new to diy audio stuff, and want to make my first simple chip amps, but I don't know if the schemantic I have is OK for my needs (I think I already blew 2 ICs with the previous I used). I'm using OPA 541/549. I'll be happy if you could look at these 2 test PCBs. Both were made for the OPA 549T, the first test circuit will be powered by a PC ATX power supply since I don't have a dual supply yet, the second by a dual one when I'll get a dual 30V toroid (and have the time to make the regulator etc.) Source will be my sound cards sub out, on the out is a 8ohm sub.

Thanks a lot,

dArk

Attachments

• pcb1.jpg
    pcb1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,411
dArk said:
Hi all!

I'm new to diy audio stuff, and want to make my first simple chip amps, but I don't know if the schemantic I have is OK for my needs (I think I already blew 2 ICs with the previous I used). I'm using OPA 541/549. I'll be happy if you could look at these 2 test PCBs. Both were made for the OPA 549T, the first test circuit will be powered by a PC ATX power supply since I don't have a dual supply yet, the second by a dual one when I'll get a dual 30V toroid (and have the time to make the regulator etc.) Source will be my sound cards sub out, on the out is a 8ohm sub.

Thanks a lot,

dArk

dArk said:
and the second one:

Cant see anithing?!

till said:
i used 10k and 100k

it depends on the gain you want and the input resistance you need. If you need more gain use 10k/200k, if you need more input resitance use 20k/200k and so on.

For NIGC (sch. above)
It's not going to efect the input impedance of the amp. but if you use 20k/220k and 22k from +In to gnd, you may expect a lot less DC offset at the output. The input impedance would depend on the 22k from +In to gnd only.

Hehe, I forgot that when trying to put the supply the most far from in/out as possible :) But you say if I connect the GNDs it will work this way? The other is, that r1/r2 is clear now thanks to this thread, but what about the 2 caps? In my previous schematic they were 1000uF, but in the one at the threads beginning they are 10uF. Are these only for filtering the power, and their value depends on the used power supply?

dArk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.