How to troubleshoot Citation 22

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Citation 22 that has permanently gone into the Protect mode. I have the Service Manual thanx to a guy from AudioKarma. However, I do not know how to proceed.

I have a Fluke meter and access to other lab equipment. However, I would appreciate some pointers as to where to start.

Thanx in advance.

ezjam

Hi,

I measured all output resistor as suggested and none are shorted. However, while measuring the speaker outputs resistance, the Protect LED went off and the power came LED came on. Now every time I turn it on, the Protect LED is on for about 5 seconds and then shuts off and amplifier works as expected (I think.) I have not been able to do a through sound test as my citation 22 that I purchased with it is not working. I have tested it with a plain MP3 player, however, the sound coming out is not very pleasant.

I guess I have to get my hands on a pre-amp now.

Thanx for your help.

ezjam

I measured all output transistors..

Hi,

I measured all output transistors suggested and none are shorted. However, while measuring the speaker outputs resistance, the Protect LED went off and the power came LED came on. Now every time I turn it on, the Protect LED is on for about 5 seconds and then shuts off and amplifier works as expected (I think.) I have not been able to do a through sound test as my citation 22 that I purchased with it is not working. I have tested it with a plain MP3 player, however, the sound coming out is not very pleasant.

I guess I have to get my hands on a pre-amp now.

Thanx for your help.

ezjam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.