How to remove glue from metal speaker grilles???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got some pa speakers very recently where there had been foam had been glued over a metal grille, but only the glue remains and looks messy.

So how i go about removing it WITHOUT scraping off the black metal coating on the grille???

I was thinking wire brush, but that might scrape the coating off???

what alse can you suggest???? some kind of adhesive remover solution??:confused:

Bull said:
I got some pa speakers very recently where there had been foam had been glued over a metal grille, but only the glue remains and looks messy.

So how i go about removing it WITHOUT scraping off the black metal coating on the grille???

I was thinking wire brush, but that might scrape the coating off???

what alse can you suggest???? some kind of adhesive remover solution??:confused:

what kind of glue is it??
if it is " hot glue", then you can try to wet the hot glue with
alcohol and then it should be easy to be peeled off...

Nothing worked so i tried unleaded petrol with a soft brush and that did the trick, without damaging the black paint luckerly.

Now even after washing it in soapy water and drying it afterwards-- it still stinks of petrol.Put the grilles in my shed and gonna leave them there for a few days and hope the petrol smell evaporates.

Thanks for you help anyway pinkmouse and other people, as I tried lighter fluid which seemed to sort of work but I didn't have enough of it. So i ended up using unleaded petrol--which did the trick.:cool: :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.