How to Make Test Signals in WAV format

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to make or download a series of high quality test signals to use in my CD player or MP3 player for my guitar amp testing. This would include:

- 1Khz Sine
- log sweep from 50Hz to 10kHz
- white noise
- pink noise

Any suggestions on how I do this directly to WAV or mp3 format? Or it there a site these can be downloaded from?

thanks
Don

Soundforge is the best. the older 4.5 version is still what i use. newer versions take away a lot of what made Sf good in the first place.

I can make them and send them to you. how long do you want each file to be. what bit rate, stereo or mono, what level etc etc.

Zc

Hey Zero - thanks for the offer!

Mind just sending me a 60 second 1kHz sine wave first? I have been having a hell of a time trying to find something that is clear of second and third harmonics - as this is something I actually try to create with the guitar amp.

My email is a8723 *at* cameronsoftware dot com

thanks!

Don

free SwCadIII: LtSpice simulator software can save any waveform in a sim as a .wav output, flexible sample rate, bit depth

LtSpice wav in/out example:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1061145#post1061145

just read the help on the arbitray behavioral source BV and enter equation to define your waveform

CD requires 16 bit 44.1K, many DAP and computers will do 48K, better soundcards 96K, 192K 24 bits

getting a hi rez file into DVD-A for free isn't as simple as CD, there is an incomplete SourceForge project, I've used a shareware DVD burner but only for the 1 month free eval period

I created a test CD by manually editing the WAV files in a hex editor. You can download it from here:

http://tube.fw.hu/Test_CD.rar

The tracks are:

1. Pink noise 30'
2. cca 1kHz square 10'
3. cca 1 kHz sine 10'
4. cca 1kHz single sample positive spikes 1'
5. 22.05 kHz samples 1'
6. Slow triangle through all digital levels 3'
7. Sine L channel 0'30"
8. Sine R channel 0'30"
9. + sawtooth for absolute polarity 0'30"
10. - sawtooth 0'30"
11. Sweep 10Hz to 20 kHz 3'40"
12. Sine 0 dB 1'
13. Sine -12 dB 1'
14. ... 20 as above until -96 dB
21. 0000 samples 1'
22. 7FFF samples 1'
23. 8000 samples 1'
24. FFFF samples 1'

Total time: 73'40"

To be honest, I generated the Pink noise (Track 1 on my test CD) with a third party freeware. I forgot the name. All the other tracks I edited in XVI32 HEX editor. Now I want to replace the Pink noise track with a more controlled signal. It should be flat <10 Hz to 22.05 kHz, with a crest factor of 12, peak level 0 dB, preferably true random not PRBS. What is the best software or algorithm to generate such test signal?

I would like to make or download a series of high quality test signals to use in my CD player or MP3 player for my guitar amp testing. This would include:

- 1Khz Sine
- log sweep from 50Hz to 10kHz
- white noise
- pink noise

Any suggestions on how I do this directly to WAV or mp3 format? Or it there a site these can be downloaded from?

thanks
Don

Hello

There is Cool Edit 96, you can find it free on the Net, a Google search will show where.

Bye

Gaetan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.