How to get free power MOS FETs

1) Go to eBay, look for cheap 2SK2013 / 2SJ313, make sure they're really cheap - don't buy the more expensive ones from audioclub from Korea - those are genuine.

2) Buy them, wait for them to get delivered, measure the threshold voltage and the gate-source capacitance with a cheap component tester.

3) If the values match the specified values of Vth (around 2V) and the gate-source capacitance (below 1nf) of the of above mentioned transistors, be happy, if the values are off, contact the seller and complain.

Most likely, the seller will offer you a refund before you can leave a negative feedback - happened to me twice. They won't ask you to return the faked transistors.

4) Either enjoy your inexpensive 2SK2013 / 2SJ313 for little money or whatever you got for free.

I ordered twice from audioclub; their parts are genuine.

I hope if enough people do that, those shady sellers will think over their business conduct. :-/

--Manfred

Last edited:
Do you believe it's something I've come up with to obtain free transistors?
It just became apparent to me how eBay sellers have been able to sell faked goods on a grand scale without getting banned.

Once you accept the refund, the transaction vanishes and you can't give appropriate feedback anymore.

--Manfred

That is a lot of effort for a small amount of money.
How much are the things, and how much do you make in a day?

Fighting immorality with immorality ?!

By DIY leaving this thread of "instructions" in place you are effectively complicit in deliberately gaining these substandard/below spec components for free.

If they're indeed fake, then fair enough, just go through the ebay channels, but don't brag about the fact that you're going to try and use the parts afterwards....:(

As far as my experience goes with inadvertently buying fake/dodgy/below spec components, once I've been stung that seller is off my buying list - for life

(I've got my refund and those parts go in the bin, I don't want the hassle of re-repairing kit for my customers at my expense in time and more parts, and the damage to my rep)

Just don't buy them

Last edited:
Not sure it will NOT go this way:

1) I order something (a MosFet or whatever)

2) they send me a Fake.

3) I complain, they send me another, I keep both the original one and the replacement.

4) BOTH are Fakes.
No matter why, maybe they are honest and simply their supplier cheated them, maybe they positively know they are fakes but go through the movements anyway so they can claim they are honest and act in good faith, maybe they are honest (as far as Morals go) but have no clue, the fact is I now have TWO Fakes.

5) I coud repeat it once more, they will either write me off on the spot and block me or send a third Fake and write me off and block me anyway, I can´t see them doing this indefinitely.

So best case I will end up with two or three Fakes.

Will that help me with my parts procurement problems?

Think again.