How to determine new replacement meters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new meters arrived from the UK earlier this week and I installed them over a couple of days. I was able to remove the "watts" scale easily from the original meters and likewise the "VU" scale from the new ones. Affixing the old scale onto the new meters was also easy as dimension wise, they were a perfect fit. To mount the new meters, all I had to do was shave about 1mm from the bottom edge of the amp's plastic bezel opening. The lamps were the correct voltage and illuminate properly.

Function wise, I saw no need to attempt any adjustment. With the attenuator at 0dB, when the needle clips the 50 watt mark, it is damn loud. I could be wrong, but I believe the characteristics of the old and new meters are similar enough to not concern myself with it.

Thanks Ian, for your help and advice and the same to the other contributors to this thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.