How to buy wall wart AC-DC converter in Europe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
A friend of mine who lives in Sweden, wants to buy a wall mounted AC-to-DC power supply, 24VDC output at 500mA. A wall wart. To power his DIY headphone amplifier "Noir" whose PCB is sold at the diyAudio Store.

There are a dozen different models in stock at Mouser's Sweden website, but they all carry the ominous label "Product is not shipped to consumers in EU". My friend called Mouser on the phone and they confirmed, they will not sell him a wall wart.

I would like to ask the diyAudio community, which other stores and websites WILL sell my friend a 24VDC 0.5A wall wart, and ship it to him in Sweden? Have you bought from them, and how easy was the transaction?

It is a big mystery to me, a clueless Yank, why wall warts can't be shipped to individual citizens.

Sincere thanks for any information, advice, and recommendations!

Mark Johnson

Attachments

• community.png
    community.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 469
It is a big mystery to me, a clueless Yank, why wall warts can't be shipped to individual citizens.
Perhaps they are jaded about stupid consumers (not you friend's case surely) that buy any power supply to any electronic device without the necessary knowledge to take into account polarities, voltages and current ratings, and then one or both things are burned or damage and they must be take over the warranties.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.