How to buffer a sallen-key circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Dears,

I am try to go active on the bass with a II order active crossover with a Linkwitz-Riley slope (Q=0.5) as the one described here:

Active Filters

the II order xover should fit in my design pretty well based on calculations and measurements. While I want the highpass at fixed output, I would like to have the low pass adjustable.

The real problem to is how to buffer it.

Input buffer: my tube preamp needs at least 100KOhms load to really sing, and this spec is fully accomplished by my amp at the moment. Somebody suggested to used a a simple cathode follower tube buffer and to place the xover near the preamp.

Output buffer: the ideal situation would be to have an output which makes possible to adjustments in the range of +/- 3dB, so an output buffer and a volume pot is needed. Could you suggest some circuit that can do this.

Best Wishes
Pietro

Pietro,

Look on the same page you linked to. The buffer on the top of the page can be adjusted to 100K input impedance by changing the resistor.

For the output, scroll down a bit to item 10. There are several schemes for adjustable gain and output buffering.

Two way, buffered before and after
Cheers George

Attachments

• 2 way schematic jpeg.JPG
    2 way schematic jpeg.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 566
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.