• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

How to add a subwoofer out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Personally, I've decided to branch off of my source audio. If I'm using a cd player, I'll take the output, split it, send 1/2 to the sub w/ built in x-over, and the other to the tube amp.
As much as I love my tube amp, and as much as I've thrown money into the output transformers, I still think there's more bass in the original signal than after it has passed through my amp.

I've seen other suggest to take the signal coming from your amp and send it to the high level(speaker in) input on the sub in parallel w/ your main speakers.

If you have a pre-amp (tube or SS) with one output connector per channel, could you just install a second connector per channel and send one connector to a power amp and one connector to sub plate-amp in?

Would you need buffer stage?

Maybe a separate coupling cap per connector is needed?

I remember reading that the BottleHead pre has two conectors out per channel. Wondering out they accomplished that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.