How old are you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, I guess that means I'm 7.2857 years old :xeye:
More seriously though, thanks for the link Star882. Interesting stuff. How did you do? I've been working on a 3 wheeled all electric. Hope to get the 70 mile range I need to get to work and back. This audio stuff keeps getting in the way though :smash:

flg said:
More seriously though, thanks for the link Star882. Interesting stuff. How did you do? I've been working on a 3 wheeled all electric. Hope to get the 70 mile range I need to get to work and back.
I have already got some ideas for a hybrid race bike. Use a high voltage battery pack to keep the wiring weight down and use 3 phase inverters with delta sigma wave shaping for higher efficiency. I'm going to ask my friend about that when I have the time. (He's currently building a hybrid for everyday use that is aimed at generating more electricity than it uses.)

I have to admit that just the thought of blasting through the finish line at 60MPH with maximum boost would be any Texas A&M bicycle racer's dream. That and a blast of maximum boost at the start causing the rear wheel to kick up dust right at the competitors. Through engineering, that dream can become reality.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I best I getter add my two cents ( SENSE) as they say if you can remember the 60s you weren't there.

Always been fascinated by sound and noise, but only got into DIY a few years ago.

1952 was a vintage year, which makes me almost as old as god; but no where near as smart.

sharpi31 said:
It's interesting how many folk here are <30, considering that the big hifi mags and dealers claim that there is a lack of young people into hifi.
This is why I didn't believe the figures on Quantcast - I thought maybe the US-only demographic skewed it. Maybe not then!

I'm 21 now, with an amp to match my age and a turntable more than 10 years my elder. Still enjoy listening to them though =)

I've been playing with electronics since I was ~9, interested in hi-fi and good music even longer. Started building my own hi-fi at 11 when I got my Tannoy's for my birthday. It's been downhill ever since! New to the DIY scene though (despite my heritage: my dad built his own speakers). Seems like a cheaper way to enjoy hi-fi, and learn a lot at the same time.

edit: by 'building' I meant collecting/piecing together!

I began with Decca and Armstrong 5 watt valve amps, a Lenco turntable and Goodmand full range speakers: an Akai 15 ips tape deck and Armstrong valve AM tuner.
I graduated to Sinclair and JLH amps and KEF speakers.
That should give a good guide as to when I began playing with audio.
I am 65 years old and made my first amp when I was 10. I sometimes think that i ought to understand audio by now but I do not.
Don

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.