• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

How much is this projector stuff worth?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is from the a thread of another message board where I purchased this stuff.

I bought it with intentions of building the projector but it has been sitting for awhile and I have various people interested in various peices of it. So if I can get rid of all of it for near what I paid for it then I would just as well let it go for what I have in it or I will break it apart if necessary.

a 12.1" flat panel LCD monitor, 800x600 resolution
a 250w metal-halide bulb and bulb mounts
a 250w ballast for the bulb
a "projector" lense, also called a triplet lense
a "split" Fresnel lense...you sandwich the LCD in between the split fresnel, resulting in better image than just one fresnel behind the LCD.
a condenser lense for placing right in front of the bulb...helps to gather all of the light into a nice uniform source.
I also have a large section of projector screen material. 54x72 inches

^^ Well, in truth I would rather not say how much I spent on it all because I don't want to influence how much you think it is worth.

I believe the original buyer probably paid market value + shipping on everything and then I was able to buy it all from him for what he has in it less shipping. I am not trying to turn any profit here but I would hate to quote what might have been a good deal for me then have the next guy want to get a good deal for himself at the expense of me losing money on the deal. It has just been my experience that this tends to happen.

What do you mean if the triplet is good? The bulb, mounts, ballast, triplet, fresnel, and condensor are all brand new unused. The lcd is in excellent condition and I powered it up to have a look at it myself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.