How do I make a system where I can rattle windows at resturants?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Restaurant window rattling is a tough job but somebody has to do it.

The best thing to do, in my experience, is to use, rather than music, an oscillator with which you can find the resonant frequency of any given window. It is much more efficient to use 'single tone rattling.' Programmed tone bursts are also effective. Another advantage of single tone rattling is that it's hard to locate the source.

Keep a log of the resonant frequency of restaurant windows in your area. It's an easy matter then to pull up in front, set the oscillator to the proper frequency and rattle away.

In my rattling days, I used a horn bass system in a pickup. I built a cloth and wood cover for the horn which looked exactly like a shipping crate.

It's an easy matter to turn this into a career. Rattle some select windows off and on for a week or so. Mail flyers to the restaurants explaining that some recent road or sewer construction activity has been causing rattling problems when large trucks drive over it. You, of course, can fix the problem by analyzing the window and then attaching an 'anti vibration' weight to the corner of the window. You actually do this and collect $250.

After a time you will start to ask yourself, 'why confine myself to restaurant windows?' I knew a guy who drove across the country rattling town after town. He averaged about $6000/mo. and he wasn't even trying.

My neighbors (the closest ones live about 100yards away) have reported window rattling from my subwoofer when I have played an infrasonic tone about 16hz. I'm using the adire tumult(the original version) in a 6 cubic foot enclosure with variable tuning and can tune the system to 10, 16, 20, and 30hz. I'm pretty sure I was using the 16hz tuning at that time and no more than 500watts. You shouldn't have much trouble getting similar results at a smaller distance with the L7

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
Restaurant window rattling is a tough job but somebody has to do it.
lol...ROTFLMAO... so true.

back in like (iirc) '94, when i used to work at a taco bell, there was this guy with a full size 4x4 short bed, and he had 6 or 9 orion 10's (i think? maybe 12's), and when ever he came by to get food, the bass from his truck would rattle the whole store, and i mean solid BOOM all the way in the back of the place. we would here him comming from down the street, 2 or 3 blocks or so. when he would pull in, the whole food(if u want to call it that) bar would rattle like it was falling apart in an earthquake or something. good stuff, turned me in to some what of a basshead, if you ask me...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.