Hornresp

Feature Request - Flare cut-off frequency

Hello David,

Trying to figure the location of the driver in a co-entrant synergy horn, I need to move the sliders in the Multiple entry horn wizard, exit they wizard, and if the profile is "par" or "con", I need to change it to "exp" and check the cut off frequency.
It would be convenient to simulate co-entrant/offset horns if the cut off frequency is displayed along with the L sliders for each section in the Loudspeaker Wizard/Multiple entry horn wizard and also in the main screen, irrespective of the profile used.

Thank you

Avoid the Windows system folders. Weird things can happen. Windows 10 also has a sandbox mode that is even weirder.

Try making a new folder like C:\horn designs\Hornresp and run it from there.

I have successfully run Hornresp out of my Google Drive folder for over 10 years. From windows 7 to 10 and back to 7.

Hi all,
Since a while I am not only a fan of Hornresp but also a "friend" with it´s logic.

Have continued with my Coupling chamber MLTL for the SS8531 which is now coming out quite good. Both from a Hornresp design and physical design perspective. Will be a 2-way together with a SS2608 (in a wave guide from Diyaudio>Elsinore) in a six-sided design with a slightly tilted baffle. Feel rather satisfied with it. The six sided design cater for a stable box and leaves av very esthetical small face from wherever you se the speaker. Like the Rauna Oden i already have.

The only annoying thing is that I can´t get rid of a 1,x db dip at 100 Hz whatever change I do to the design. But I guess I can live with that, if not anyone just have a great theory of explanation out of their pocket. :)

I started with the Hornresp file you uploaded, and I think I have a good solution. The dip is almost all gone, and the fundamental frequency is even a bit lower than it was. But I think the best thing is that the portion below the dip was shelved down somewhat, and now it is essentially flat.

I was working only with the last 2 lengths - they are shorter than before; and the port dimensions are now greater than they were. These changes will take some work, to make them "real", but I think it can be done.

I am really liking this design, and the essential schematic. To have a response this smooth and this deep - from a 7" driver; is phenomenal. It has an Mms of 17.5gm and an Fs of 28Hz!

Attachments

• ScanSpeak Revelator 18W8531G-00.txt
    1 KB · Views: 39
  • ScanSpeak Revelator 18W8531G-00.png
    ScanSpeak Revelator 18W8531G-00.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 141
  • ScanSpeak Revelator 18W8531G-00 - Compared.png
    ScanSpeak Revelator 18W8531G-00 - Compared.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
If DMB wants to get really jiggly with it, TH3 could be:

Atc & Vtc = OD S1-S2.
Ap1 & Lp = OD S2-S3.
S1-S2 = S3-S4.
S2-S3 = S4-S5.
S3-S4 = S5-S6.
S4-S5 = S6-S7.

Or, TH4:

Atc & Vtc = OD S1-S3 = 2 segments.
Ap1 & Lp = OD S3-S5 = 2 segments.
S1-S2 = S5-S6.
S2-S3 = S6-S7.
S3-S4 = S7-S8.
S4-S5 = S8-S9.

What about those 2 possible TH functions don't you understand?

Last edited:
Ap1 & Lp can be substituted for Ap & Lpt.
The point is to use the 2 fields as 1 or 2 segments.

Vtc & Atc could be used as 1 or 2 segments too.

Shoot, Vrc & Lrc can be used as a segment also.

With basic TH modeling, those 6 fields are not used.

Currently, Vtc & Atc can be used as a throat chamber ala FLH. I use it for the speaker hole volume...Sd x thickness of wood.

What about those 2 possible TH functions don't you understand?

The significance of OD in 'Atc & Vtc = OD S1-S2' and 'Ap1 & Lp = OD S2-S3'.

It seems to me that you want to reallocate the tapped horn variables as follows:

S1 = Atc
S2 = Ap1
S3 = Old S1
S4 = Old S2
S5 = Old S3
S6 = Old S4
S7 = Old S5

L12 = Vtc
L23 = Lp
L34 = Old L12
L45 = Old L23
L56 = Old L34
L67 = Old L45

Is this correct, and if so, where is the driver now positioned in the tapped horn?

I also tried running it from C:\Hornresp, but that didn't solve the bug, even in compatibility mode.
When running it from the Documents folder C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\Hornresp and having switched compatibility mode "Windows 8" the bug is gone.

Yes, it is completely illogical.
It's one of those "sometimes" windows bugs