horn loaded driver Z

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Iain McNeill said:
I don't think statements about single frequencies are valid.

Hi Iain,

In this particular case, sampling at a single frequency enabled the Hornresp model to be validated, which is all I was really concerned about :).

I didn't want to complicate things too much in the example that I quoted, which was just to reassure Andrew that Hornresp knew what it was doing, but since you have queried the matter further...

To be strictly correct, only when Cms, Rms, Mmd and Le are disregarded will a nominal “50 percent efficient” loudspeaker have an electrical input impedance exactly equal to twice the driver voice coil dc resistance.

In the case of Hornresp, the Cms, Rms, Mmd and Le parameter values are taken into account. Also, for the default record example quoted, the given efficiency figure covers the horn output only. A small amount of power is actually also lost from the rear side of the diaphragm into the compression chamber.

Hope this helps to clarify things a bit.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Andrew,

AndrewT said:
have you seen my comment on 113db/W/m in the tapped horn thread?

I have now :).

AndrewT said:
What sensitivity = 50% efficiency?

As previously indicated, the system efficiency (effective acoustical output power / electrical input power x 100) can be calculated at any given frequency between 1 and 20000 hertz using the Hornresp sample tool. Simply double-click on the SPL response chart to activate the tool.

Kind regards,

David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.