• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HLLY TAMP-300 is coming!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HLLY TAMP-300 is coming!!

USE TA3020 Chip from Tripath

FEATURES
Class-T architecture
Proprietary Digital Power Processing technology
“Audiophile” Sound Quality
0.02% THD+N @ 50W, 8Ω
0.03% IHF-IM @ 30W, 8Ω
High Efficiency
95% @ 150W @ 8Ω
90% @ 275W @ 4Ω
Supports wide range of output power levels
Up to 300W/channel (4Ω), single-ended outputs
Up to 1000W (4Ω), bridged outputs
Output over-current protection
Over- and under-voltage protection

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I bought the Tamp-300.
It arrived damaged and not working. :(
The packing was poor. The headphone jack on the back was obliterated in shipping.
The display doesn't work and there is no sound.

I emailed Hlly and they have not responded for three days now.:mad:

I would never buy anything from Hlly again.

It actually sounds pretty good.
The high end isn't as refined or detailed as I expected but the low end is great. Mid range is very good. Soundstage is very good. Imaging is very good.
I just got it going so it hopefully will get even better with age.

I have it next to my chair for now so it's hard to photograph.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    449.6 KB · Views: 740
I'm very happy with mine.
The sound has improved with use.
I have been using it with high resolution music from Linn, Chesky, etc.
It surprises me daily.

I would recommend it if you need something more than the tamp 90
Hlly has told me they improved the packaging and I got the second one they sold.
Good Luck.

I am very dissapointed with Hlly meanwhile !!!

Mine came with a phase problem. It worked only with a specific voltage plug position. The reverse position made a terrible noise. One time the amp shut down itself suddenly.

O.K. I agreed on a small refund because the amp sounded not bad. I asked them some days ago if they solved meanwhile this phase problem because I probably want to sell this amp and just needed some explanations for the offer description ...

Till now no response. Is this a common chinese selling mentality ?? Selling one times and then no cares about the customer's issues ?? They have messed with me. No deals in future again !!!

Hi, i got mine with remote and it is working without any major problems. The transformer is humming a little bit and the body had some minor damages/scratches. However, the sound is really good and i enjoy listing to it. Currently i'm thinking about replacing the power supply filter elkos (rubycon 63v 6800uf) with some better ones to tweak it a bit. Does anybody know if 63v 10000uF would work without risking a damage? I noticed that hlly has such caps on the diy ta3020 board. I'm just not shure why they used the lower capacity ones and if they also changed other parts...

After speaking with David, I replaced the rubycon caps with Mundorf Mlytic PMLI 63v 10.000 uF (30 x 50 mm) which are quite worth the money. The sound became - not much - but still noticably better and feels more balanced now. I also have the impression the clarity has improved a bit, but i'm not definitely sure about that. I didn't give them a long burn-in time, but so far i can recommend the investment and to use some audio-grade caps with higher a capacity. However, some more reasonably priced caps might also do the job (perhaps panasonics TS-HA?). I'm really happy with my tamp-300 now.

I am very dissapointed with Hlly meanwhile !!!

Mine came with a phase problem. It worked only with a specific voltage plug position. The reverse position made a terrible noise. One time the amp shut down itself suddenly.

O.K. I agreed on a small refund because the amp sounded not bad. I asked them some days ago if they solved meanwhile this phase problem because I probably want to sell this amp and just needed some explanations for the offer description ...

Till now no response. Is this a common chinese selling mentality ?? Selling one times and then no cares about the customer's issues ?? They have messed with me. No deals in future again !!!

Hallo mein Freund! Hlly Audio messes with me, too!! I'm still waiting for a $238 refund on an order I placed in September 2010! (See post: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/187395-problems-hlly-audio.html) I'm warning others: Caveat Emptor with this outfit!

Sei Gesund!
Jim

P.s. Did you reach them via telephone or email?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.