HLCM - Horn loaded compact monitor

The wide range they get out of their cone midrange drivers is totally beyond me. I find an 8" cone around 80- 800 Hz than compression drivers from 800 up works in my little home hifi. I have never heard Funktion One (that I know of lol) - they look like one of the better disco speakers. From the european popularity they must sound good.

Are you using this in a home hifi system?

Last edited:
It's crazy how these big dollar high end home hifi and pa companies get away with selling this stuff without at least showing frequency response and distortion plots. The 8" mid probably has all kinds of harmonic and IM distortion. Just my guess. Some of these large format compression drivers like the JBL 2450SL (4" diaphragm) posted above are really wide bandwith with low distortion.

was burning these, the cabinets in the back i still use. they are my rear subwoofers now and they have been converted from four fifteens to two eighteens.

maf_magnetar.jpg

sTHxKul.jpg

2 and 1 pi sims for the bass horn
that would be very interest to hear :)
inlow 135hz horn bottom end stops just when it should be kicking, hunger stays.

wg101 could be solver for me too if i plan to continue with b&c de25
you said you are non metallic tweeter guy, i´ve been too since i heard soft domes and home hi-fi jbl ti domes, maybe with these bery domes and true piston era 18sounds im turning my jacket, de25 aint that good as 18sound nsd1095n is

Hello, i'm not sure of the bandwidth of that bass horn - with the 90 degree bend it might not do so good above 400-500 Hz. 250cm horn is more of a bass horn anyways :)
That's Martin Seddons (of Azurahorn fame) bass horns. It's paired with his 160hz horn. I wouldnt think they would be running that bass horn any higher than about 300hz. Depending on the CD used on the 160hz horn.

Linc

Last edited:
That's Martin Seddons (of Azurahorn fame) bass horns. It's paired with his 160hz horn. I wouldnt think they would be running that bass horn any higher than about 300hz. Depending on the CD used on the 160hz horn.

Linc

Yes it's not a very pretty horn path. I used to think big midrange horns and folded bass horns were the way to go but now like straight horns over wider bandwidth on the bass/mids.

I have a pair of folded Edgar front horns that works OK to 500 Hz. Problem i find is compression drivers in mid horns used down to 500 usually don't sound best.

It's all a matter of shuffling around the bandpass of different configurations until you hit on what works best for you and your room

Now a two way with the subs.

With additional room treatments on side walls and behind I'm now utilizing the wide radiation of EV9040 "white whale" from 500-600 hz up with a Radian driver. coherent and high resolution. Tone is really nice.

7.JPG

Last edited: