High impedance alternative to MH751 (Takstar Pro 82) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear forum members,

I'm quite happy with my Cooler Master MH751 gaming headset, which is in fact a Takstar Pro 82 without the bass openings and with added microphone. I like its nonagressive but still noticable slightly V character and the overall sound without the need for any EQ whatsoever.

I built a small tube amp for it, which can perform even better if used with higher impedance headphones (this one is actually at around 28 Ohms, amp is 32-600 nominal, output power increasing as impedance increases).

Can you recommend me a higher impedance HP comparable to the Takstar Pro 82 in sonic character and comfort ? (I have medium-big ears and the CM MH751 is absolutely a favourite regarding comfort and isolation).

Thank you.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Try Status Audio CB-1. I have the discontinued OB-1 version and they sound great and super comfortable. CB-1 is closed back with similar shape and plush ear pads. Highly liked by reviewers. No mic though. 55ohms impedance.

For more money the Beyer DT-770 is also closed back - but I feel is too “polite”. Very highly regarded by professional sound booth pros though. 250ohms and 80ohms. I have only tried 250ohm version but reviewers say the 80hm has better bass. They are super comfortable.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.