High Fidelity Speaker(Driver) manufacturer in India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,
Hoping someone could help me.
I used to assemble Hi-Fi Amps and Speakers 4-5 years ago. But due to an odd job I was doing for all these years had to almost stop doing that till now. Thanks to a new job I now have time to pursue my passion again.
Back then I used to use tweeters, mid-ranges, woofers and subs from a single maufacturer Bolton India Pvt Ltd. But a recent visit to dealers left me sad as Bolton had closed its shop some months/years ago!!!
Bolton was my choice for 2 main reasons :
1. Price - they were very less priced back then from whatever was available. (avg Rs 200-800)
2. Quality - After months and years of experimentation I found Bolton to be best in reproducing sound as natural as possible.
Now I need some manufacturer that can do both of above. I hate Dainty and Philips that are currently available as alternative brands in India in that price range.
Any suggestions ??

Now I need some manufacturer that can do both of above. I hate Dainty and Philips that are currently available as alternative brands in India in that price range.Any suggestions ??

Peerless India (aka Damodar) makes drivers for many brands including a few local brands like Sonodyne. However we DIYers have no access to these drivers.

I am also told that the Jordan JX92 is being made in India.

There are many others who are importing drivers into India from Thailand, China, etc.. but these are for internal consumption and not available for retail sale.

Peerless India (aka Damodar) makes drivers for many brands including a few local brands like Sonodyne. However we DIYers have no access to these drivers.

I am also told that the Jordan JX92 is being made in India.

There are many others who are importing drivers into India from Thailand, China, etc.. but these are for internal consumption and not available for retail sale.

Oddly enough indian-made Peerless drivers are easily available to the DIYer in the UK via an E-bay shop. That said the seller calls them NOS but it seems there is no limit to the number of drivers he's got.

Oddly enough indian-made Peerless drivers are easily available to the DIYer in the UK via an E-bay shop. That said the seller calls them NOS but it seems there is no limit to the number of drivers he's got.

I'm told, the actual specs vary a lot from the published specs. If you had measuring equipment as were willing to sort out a few good drivers from a bunch of poor ones there are many "refurbished" drivers available too. However all bets are off when it comes to performance.

The best bet is places like Madisound, Zalytron, Solen, Speaker City, etc..

I'll find out the moment my damaged wrist lets me use power tools again as I couldn't resist buying 4 4" drivers of him which I will run with a couple of Audax tweets I got from another ebay seller.

An experiment in a) cheapness and b) the possibility to run two drivers into one tiny TL.
If it works ok I'll use them as computer speakers so my expectations are not that high to start with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.