Hifonics XX Chaos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a large 1 ohm

If i hook 1 side of the resistor to the positive side of my power supply and the other side to the B+ terminal of the amp.

And the negative of the power supply to the non-bridging speaker terminal

No remote applied

I twist the transformer every which way i cannot see it spark at all .. All lights are off in the room

Last edited:
That should be OK.

Connect it in series with the B+ line. Ground the secondary center tap of the transformer. Make NO other connections to the amp. Twist the transformer and look for sparks. Continue doing this until you see the exact point where it's sparking.

insert an insulator between the windings at that point. If it's on one of the terminal windings, Insert a piece of thin cardboard coated with adhesive.

I got this pic from amp guts since im waiting on my new camera to arrive..

I grounded this lead of the transformer and ooked a resistor to the B+ twisted the transformer and cannot get it to spark at all..

The lead has the blue line going to it in the pic

Attachments

• hifonics.jpg
    hifonics.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 53
Then it appears that the short has been eliminated. You should try to force it to short again so that you can determine the point where it's shorted and insulate it. If you leave it as it is, it's likely to happen again. If it does, it could damage the head unit, the amp or the vehicle (if the shield ground in neither component opens).

Are you sure that the resistor isn't open?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.