Hifonics BX1605D repaire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,
bought this amp blown for 50 bucks. got one or two bad fets on the PSU stage, and the LPF cap on the output fell off...
Mosfets are FQP65N06 and cap is 22uF 250V BiPolar cap.

I cant find the cap specs anywhere online. was wondering if someone can forward me to a place that holds this type of cap and fets. want to get this thing fixed ASAP

Thanks,
David

cant i take two regular caps for instance, two 47uf 250v caps, connect the negatives together, to end up with a total or 23uf capacitance@250v? or would they need to bee 500V each to end up a total of 250 since they are in series?
---||-----||---
+ - - +
something like this?

David

P.s.
could you send me a link to an online store with the above cap?

Last edited:
got the IRF's and the caps, replaced all the mosfets and it turns on no problems.
installed the caps too, just as you said, but i can hear oscillation in the background, could i get some help with this? first time for me dealing with a class D amp

thanks,
David

If it's a low level noise that sounds like someone tuning a short wave radio, it's due to a lack of synchronization between the power supply and the audio carrier signals. It's not generally audible when driving woofers, especially if they're in the trunk. If it's a louder noise, provide a more detailed description.

Class D is a fancy way of saying H bridge, in just about all the of new class D stuff iv seen, they just about all have some form of noise on the outputs, when I test the amps, I have gotten away from using my Schaub Lorenz speakers for testing class D amps, there sensitivity is 116db @ 1w, and it only makes hearing that tone worse, testing them on my HCCA 12.2's though, produces no noise at all, being there down in the mid 80 range for sensitivity.

fixed the hissing, just missing ground screws on the bored. but then i started to hear ticking from the sub (its a test sub). disconnected it and turned the amp back on..
i still hear this very faint ticking noise, coming from the bored, specificly from the amp section.. this is really strange, got a head light in line with the +, and it lighting up bright now..

David

BTW when i turn the amp on the power light dims with the ticking, in sync. should i take out the rectifiers to be sure its the amp that is now buggered?

ignore that,
i pulled out the FET driver an HIP4080AIP. turned the amp on, barley draws current.. thats a start,no?

Thanks,
David

Last edited:
yes it was, i could hear it when music was playing. i had then asked you about the hissing. meanwhile i saw that one of the screws that holds the board down also grounds it the the case of the amp, i put the screw in and switched the amp back on, hissing was gone. had it playing for a few mins, the suddenly the ticking came from the speaker, so i disconnected the speaker. turned the amp back on and the healight was bright as hell, plus i could hear the ticking noise coming from somewhere on the board. towards the amp section. i have just pulled out the fet driver, and now there is no current draw when i turn the amp on.

so the fault has to be in the amp section.

David

p.s.
i read that these FET driver IC's tend to fail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.