Hi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi from Monroe , CT, US.

DIY experience : Built Doc Bottleheads Speaker kit Straight 8 which is a line array with 97db/1watt effeciency.

Unfinished projects : Pass/Thagard A75. Acquired parts including matched mosfets, but havn't started due to time constraints.

Future projects : Horn speaker.

Would it be okay to post for sale items. I would like to sell parts I aquired for the A75 project.

SMathews

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
SMathews said:
DIY experience : Built Doc Bottleheads Speaker kit Straight 8 which is a line array with 97db/1watt efficiency.

How well do these work? With all those drivers running up so high i'd be worried about a bit of confusion in the upper part of their range. I know the little mid-bass is pretty good, i used a single one (shielded version) in the toobz and Jim Griffin's Linus Array uses them too (XOed to a line of p-ribbin tweeters.

dave

I have the Straight 8's being driven by a pair of Golden Tube SE300B Monoblocks. The 8's are dynamic and though they go down to about 40~50 Hz, with room gain, I do not need a sub (I have an M&K ). The highs need some taming and I am hoping with the new crossover, this will happen. I love their sound.

SMathews

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.