Hi to all!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just to say Hi to everyone on the forum :) . Although I've built a few headphone amp kits, I could probably be described as a "Join the dots" constuctor. I recently bought some of the SI T-amps, and hope to learn a bit from the other members, as well as build my first pair of fullrange speakers.

Hi Cal, I meant the boxes, not the drivers. I have not heard much
expensive "High-end" equipment, but a few weeks ago I heard a pair of fullrange speakers (Fostex drivers) for the first time ,and was blown away by them. Probably not to everyone's taste, slighty rolled off treble and no slamming bass, but I fell in love with them after a few minutes. Any deficiencies they may have had were made up by the way they delivered the music. I've owned a few of the usual suspects, Mission, Mordaunt Short and Kef, but I've never enjoyed any of them as much as the short time I had with these speakers. I used to wonder why people raved about fullrange speakers, but it won't be long before I order some marine ply.:D

Hi velmeran42, Many thanks, thats a great link I haven't seen before. You are not the only one who has a limited project fund. After hearing the Fostex fullrange cabinets I did a quick "Google" for fullrange driver sites, and some of the single drivers cost more than my entire system. I'm sure they are worth it, but for my first attempt I'll stick with the Fostex drivers. I'll make the cabinets myself (no Bird's Eye maple or burr walnut veneer, probably acrylic paint:D ) and see how they sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.