Hi, I'm a noob to this forum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,Yes, I'm brand new to this forum, but I've been around the web on other audio forums for years. Some of you might recognize my handle of "goldear" from AK. Although I long ago wished that I had never chosen that handle, as I have come to realize that it is really far too pretentious for me. And so as my ears have been gradually diminishing over the years, I have instead chosen a new handle of TarnishedEars, which I now use on Steve Hoffman's forum, and Computer Audiophile. I wish that I had joined this place a couple of years ago. Not sure why I didn't, but I guess its probably just because I didn't have the time for another forum (still don't, but I want to be able to ask questions of some of the experts, on occasion). Anyways, I've been building and modifying equipment for over 30 years. I started off with modifying my Dad’s old Dynaco tube gear, and went on from there. Although I've been very off an on in this hobby taking stretches of 5+ years or more off at a time from actually building anything. I'm a EE by training, and in fact I got my EE degree with the intentions of becoming an audio engineer. However when I graduated from college, it was not a good time to be starting-out as an EE. So I went into software instead, and there I have stayed.For a five year span I tried my hand working a side audio business as an entrepreneur, and was the PNW agent for Vacuum State Electronics during that period, and became briefly known for my Level 6 mods (which was really just an enhancement of Allen Write's Level 5 mod) which I was doing to certain Sony SACD players. But working endless hours to keep the business going, and getting to spend so little doing what I wanted wasn't for me. So I quit, and decided to focus on my daytime career instead. And so Audio is just a hobby for me again. I like it better that way actually, as working inside the industry tended to seriously burn-out my interest.However, since shutting-down shop in '09, I have been playing around with modifying the Oppo 93 and 103 in my spare time over the last couple of years, and have been very pleased with the results. Although I must admit that much of my work here I really must credit to Joe from Australia, who's early JLTi designs, some of my work has been largely been modeled after.I'm not sure I how often I will post around here as I'm just not certain how much genuinely constructive input I'll have to offer considering some of the apparent expertise of some of the experts on this forum. Some of you guys make me feel like a total amateur by comparison. But I’ll try my best not to annoy some to you real experts by asking too many stupid questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.