Hi from Winterpeg!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi form Winterpeg!

Er... Winnipeg that is. ;)

Man, 17 years of being away from DIY has sure made me rusty! After lurking here for a bit, I've found that I really have to catch up on the later high tech stuff. But I feel it's a must now that my basement is finished (took 7 years), and I have to populate it with some decent sound.

After looking at my aging stereo (combo Luxman, Sony, Energy 22's) I realized this stuff has got-to-go! Actually, what really pushed me back into this was the wife - she bought an el-cheapo 8" sub for $79 and forced me to hook it up. I knew enough was enough when her first words after hearing it were "wow, what great sound!"

I'll probably be doing more lurking than posting here for awhile (sub, loudspeaker and amp sections) as I get myself back up to speed. Summer is just around the corner and I'll be putting my other hobby to rest temporarily (beer brewing). Probably tackle replacing that "sub" the wife bought. :smash:

Mark

Re: Hi form Winterpeg!

hooha said:
Er... Winnipeg that is. ;)

Mark

Greetings Mark. I am in Winnipeg too ... new to diy but have finished a few projects and have several on the go. I am trying out the tube thing, very positive so far and plan a couple of full range speakers projects as soon as it warms up.

I would really love to see a diyWinnipeg getogether and see what other locals are up to.

Feel free to shoot me an email!

Cheers,
Gio.

Wow - thanks for all the great greets and glad to see so many DIY'ers from Canada! :)

Hey Cal, I hear ya on the kegging bit - moved to kegs about a year ago and will never go back to bottles. Just got a lagering fridge so will be doing a dopplebock and probably an Octoberfest so they can sit over summer.... but I think that's for another forum. ;)

Yeah, Mike, its still "normal" here weatherwise, but I'm looking forward to firing up that benchsaw and grinding away at a nice sub box. I have to figure out how to get a nice gloss finish on wood (black, white), so any of you know how to get this done, I'm all ears!

Dave I'll mail you some of Manitoba's best specimens - no charge! :)

GG, sounds fine, I'll shoot you something soon. Is that a tube amp or preamp you have pictured under your name? Looks nice!

Take 'er cool everyone!

Mark

hooha said:
Wow - thanks for all the great greets and glad to see so many DIY'ers from Canada! :)

Dave I'll mail you some of Manitoba's best specimens - no charge! :)

Mark

Winnipeg mosquitos? Don't need mail for that. Just glue a GPS on'em, give'em the coordinates, and they ship themselves, PA system with "Ride of the Valkyries" optional.

Francois, "the horror... the horror....".

mjounot said:
Hi Mark and welcome. I do a lot Of lurking lurking here too.
Mostly in the Pass labs forum. Built Ono and BOSOZ,
currently working on ALEPH X.
Gio I think a DIY Winnipeg gettogether would be great.

Mike

Thanks Dave. Its beginning to seem like the Winnipeg DIY'ers really want to get together - we may just have to do that. I'm notorious for forming groups (an indirect part of my job). It may just happen...

Mark

hooha said:

GG, sounds fine, I'll shoot you something soon. Is that a tube amp or preamp you have pictured under your name? Looks nice!

Take 'er cool everyone!

Mark

It is a tube amp. More info is available on my webpage which you can link to from the bottom of this message.

mjounot said:
Hi Mark and welcome. I do a lot Of lurking lurking here too.
Mostly in the Pass labs forum. Built Ono and BOSOZ,
currently working on ALEPH X.
Gio I think a DIY Winnipeg gettogether would be great.

Mike

Well, there are a handfull of people (5 or 6) that I have made contact with on here. Hopefully we can put something together for this summer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.