Hi-fi amps or not

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will say that these work and sound very well, as Adason has also mentioned.

HM3S High Bias Class AB Amplifier board Kit base on GOLDMUND GM29 120W +120W | eBay

They came from China, by the way, so if you were actually expecting something from Switzerland, you may be disappointed.

Sorry that I can’t comment on the ones you have shown, as I haven’t heard any of them.

Isn’t this the chip amp forum anyways?

Account Closed
Joined 2018
Lot's of Hi-Fi comes from China

Indeed it does.
But my extensive experience with china-made products is that a lot of it is designed around appearances, visuals - flashy enclosures, impressive lights, highly refined and detailed to appear expensive to the consumer.
These look like "works of art" in some cases.... the chinese are great at deception.

But inside, where the consumer never views, is lackluster, cheap, and hardly worth the asking price they put on something.
In fact, the enclosure/case in my opinion, is worth more than the "guts' inside.
"High End" in most cases is just a mere superficial label to something held together with hot glue guns and a prayer.

Lot's of Hi-Fi comes from China

I'd say it is like all things, it doesn't matter so much where it is built but more who designed it, who oversees the procurement of parts and the production.

You can get everything from top quality big name brand products to super cheap knock offs with little if any thought put into layout that are built with factory seconds parts.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
I'd say it is like all things, it doesn't matter so much where it is built but more who designed it, who oversees the procurement of parts and the production.

You can get everything from top quality big name brand products to super cheap knock offs with little if any thought put into layout that are built with factory seconds parts.

The Polk subwoofer my friend brought me to repair was a disgrace to look at.
Barely 3 years lightly used, it had a super cheap smps/amp board, absolutely disgusting in my opinion.
On the label it read: "Designed in the USA, assembled in china"

I tore that lousy crap out and replaced it with a "real" plate amplifier.

The Polk subwoofer my friend brought me to repair was a disgrace to look at.
Barely 3 years lightly used, it had a super cheap smps/amp board, absolutely disgusting in my opinion.
On the label it read: "Designed in the USA, assembled in china"

I tore that lousy crap out and replaced it with a "real" plate amplifier.

I guess the list also has to include overall price and how greedy the manufacture/seller is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.