Hi all! I'm Anders from Sweden!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Franco Zefirelli's movie.

Yes that is the definitive film version. And the one my friend nearly started a riot in. He looked around and saw everyone in the audience crying and what else could he do but start laughing very loudly. Thank God we were near an exit!

My favorite Shakespeare movie is Zefirelli's 1967 Taming of the Shrew with Elizabeth Taylor as Katharina and Richard Burton as Petruchio.

Katharina, I charge thee, tell these headstrong women
What duty they do owe their lords and husbands,
Fred

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002

Attachments

• 68rnj.gif
    68rnj.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 132
Hi Per Anders from Per-Anders. My name is a double name, rather uncoommon these days. Per is common and Anders is common, for guys at my age, born 1950-1970. Now everyone is called, Elias, Alexander, Viktor, Gabriel, Isak, etc (old names)

My friends (and others) call me P-A, if you have problems with peranders, Anders (this guy), Per-Anders etc.

Welcome Anders!

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
My name is a double name

I like the cadence of a three syllable name. It feels like you have said something complete instead of a stutter, exclamation, or hiccup. Two syllables is nice but three or four is poetry. Go look at the names in the plays Shakespeare for example.

"Per-Anders" invokes the vision of a man calmly and confidently walking into a room. The name Fred, more the image of someome jumping out from behind a tree on a dark night. I can't have it I tell you.

I will hence forth be known as Fred-Bastard

P.S. double names are very common in the southern United States and dead give away for one's heritage and birthplace. My mother is named Jo Bess for instance. Some common ones...

Joe Bob
Billy Ray
Billy Bob
Betty Sue
Thelma Lou

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.