Heybrook HB1 Tweaks Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I've recently found a pair of HB1 Mk1s with severe Foam-Rot, but the rest of the box are ok, so I've ordered a pair of NEW Vifa bass/mid drivers from Wimslow:xeye:

(because 1- I was going to refoam them myself but couldn't find any rings that matched the originals, even though some places guarenteed a 100% fit, and 2- even refoamed, would they be the same foam as original, and 3- I figured for £100 I couldn't get a pair of speakers anywhere near the sound, and again 4- these new drivers would probably last me another 15 years?):D

Anyhoo, are there any recommendations to tweak the other components, things like a re-cap on the X/O, rewire with "hook-up de jour", replace the soft dome 1" with something a bit more refined...?:clown:

Cheers
Sparks

You should try some of the car audio repair shops, maybe.

You'll need a set of calipers to measure the edge size/diameter of the surround, the curved area and the clamp (to basket) diameter.

In Canada (which you are not in) McBride is one place that sells surrounds.

http://www.loudspeakers.ca/

Then try some places that sell surrounds..with those exact numbers in hand.

Use lepage's 100% solvent free contact cement, for laminating countertops in place. I've used it for years, and so has the local technician. Never had a problem with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.