Hey Helix... I have one question about Crescendo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this good design for my project?
I have only one transformer with four outlets and two amplifier boards.

Attachments

• powersupply.jpg
    powersupply.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 560
Ah,

I'll try the very famous "pic 2" instead of my "pic 3"-transformer/cap connection in my Leach Amp right away.

I've got some nasty ripple on my output with a 50Hz frequency (I live in Europe, make a guess where the ripple come from...) and a 10 mV peak.

Thanks a lot guys. I'll get back when I've tried it.

Is it really that bad to go with "pic 3"?

//magnus

Well, I tried to connect my PS as in "pic 2", but I still have those charging spikes.

Though I still have all grounds connected to my filtering caps. Could this be tha problem? Should I move the "central grounding" from the caps to somewhere on my chassis?

I'm going to try and put a 0.1 uF 250 V capacitor on my rectifiers, to see if that help. After that, I'll try and move the central grounding away from my caps.

//magnus

Bah, problem solved...

The glitches disappeared when I removed one of the inputs from my CD-player... The problem is somewhere else (or?).

Well, now I have both small caps across my rectifiers and a more aproperiate wireing of my PS. At least something good came out of it (other than my expensive trip to buy some solder lugs + a new set of crimping tools).

//magnus

swede said:
Bah, problem solved...

The glitches disappeared when I removed one of the inputs from my CD-player... The problem is somewhere else (or?).

Well, now I have both small caps across my rectifiers and a more aproperiate wireing of my PS. At least something good came out of it (other than my expensive trip to buy some solder lugs + a new set of crimping tools).

//magnus

:cool: Happy listening...

Never take ground for any part of your circuit of the center connection of the big electrolytic caps. This can cause more problem than anyone can solve.
Take a wire from the big caps and make a ground star point for all grounds somewhere else. Return here to this point all grounds.
I don´t like to connect this with earth from mains but if you have to you can use a direct connection, a 10 Ohm resistor in series, a thermistor NTC and so on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.